Association for Corporate Growth Houston Announces Finalists for Third Annual Deal of the Year Awards
Houston, April 9, 2020 – The Association for Corporate Growth (ACG) Houston is proud to announce the finalists for the Third Annual Deal of the Year Awards. ACG Houston is focused on celebrating Houston’s booming middle market deal community. Our mission is to honor the deals and dealmakers who drive middle market growth resulting in job growth, capital formation and the advancement of meaningful business relationships.
The finalists have been reviewed and ranked by our independent panel of esteemed judges and top business leaders including Carin Barth, Co-Founder and President of LB Capital Inc, Eric Bruce, Senior Managing Consultant, Briggs & Veselka Co., Rocky Dewbre, Former CEO of Empire Petroleum Partners, Kenneth Guidry, Past President and Retired Director of PKF Texas, Michelle Suarez, Partner at Holland & Knight, Walter Ulrich, President & CEO of Medical Bridges, and Kelly Williams, Director at Milestone Capital.
The criteria for the nominations includes a closing date between January 1, 2019 and December 31, 2020 as well as deals closing between October 1, 2018 and December 31, 2018 with transactions that have a tie to the Greater Houston area (e.g. where the buyer, seller or assets were located).
The awards ceremony originally scheduled for Tuesday, April 28, 2020 has been canceled due to COVID-19. ACG Houston will be announcing the winners online on April 28, 2020.
The 2019 ACG Houston Deals of Year Award Categories and Finalists include:
CONSUMER PRODUCTS & SERVICES >>
- Accountant: Kahanek, Franke & Associates, L.C
- Accountant: Weaver
- Accountant: Calvetti Ferguson
TECHNOLOGY & BUSINESS SERVICES >>
- Attorney: Gray Reed & McGraw LLP • Kirkland & Ellis LLP (buyer) • Epstein Becker & Green (buyer) • Jackson Walker LLP (seller)
- Insurance: Rubicon M&A Insurance Services
- Attorney: Rhem P.C.
INDUSTRIAL, POWER & INFRASTRUCTURE >>
- Attorney: Blank Rome LLP
- Attorney: McGuireWoods (buyer) • Norton Rose Fulbright (seller)
- Accountant: Seitz DeMarco & McGovern (seller) • EY (buyer)
- Attorney: Locke Lord (seller) • Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP (buyer)
- Attorney: Simpson Thacher
OIL AND GAS <$500MM >>
- Attorney: Griffin & Matthews • Thompson & Knight LLP • Paul Hastings
OIL AND GAS >$500MM >>
CROSS BORDER TRANSACTIONS >>
- Accountant: Ernst & Young (seller) • PricewaterhouseCoopers (buyer)