Houston, April 5, 2023 – The Association for Corporate Growth (ACG) Houston is proud to announce the finalists for the Sixth Annual Deal of the Year Awards. ACG Houston is focused on celebrating Houston’s booming middle market deal community. Our mission is to honor the deals and dealmakers who drive middle market growth resulting in job growth, capital formation and the advancement of meaningful business relationships.
The finalists have been reviewed and ranked by our independent panel of esteemed judges of top business leaders and educators including Gustavo Grullon, PhD, Professor of Finance at the Jesse H. Jones Graduate School of Business at Rice University, Ernest Hunter, Chief Executive Officer, The Frenchy’s Companies, Amy Nelson, President and Founder of Greenridge Advisors, LLC, Jennifer Whalen, Chief Financial Officer of The Bristow Group Inc., Ken Wiles, PhD, CFA, Executive Director of Hick, Muse, Tate & Furst Center for Private Equity Finance, and A. Kelly Williams, Managing Director at Milestone Venture Group, Inc.
The criteria for the nominations includes a closing date between January 1, 2022 and December 31, 2022, where the company being transacted, or strategic buyer, is based in the Greater Houston area. The nomination criteria included details such as transaction value range, industry focus and type of transaction as well as anecdotal commentary on what makes the deal unique. Judges evaluated deals based on the parties’ submissions as well as the overall story, economic and strategic impact, stakeholder value and professional expertise.
Manufacturing Deal of the Year
- The Acquisition of DJ’s Boudain, LLC by Treaty Oak Equity, LLC
- The Acquisition of Momentum Glass, a portfolio company of Tulcan Private Equity, by HITT Family Office
- The Acquisition of Westbrook Energy Group by SCF Partners
- The Acquisition of YakGear, Inc by Nautical Group and T-H Marine
- The Acquisition of Direct Scaffolding Supply by Highlander Partners, L.P.
Oilfield Services Deal of the Year
- A Divestiture of Coiled Tubing Assets by NexTier
- The Acquisition of Independence Contract Drilling, Inc. by Affiliates of MSD Partners, L.P. and Glendon Capital Management L.P.
- The Acquisition of the West Texas Sand Mine of Signal Peak Silica by ProFrac
- The Acquisition of U.S. Well Services by ProFrac Holdings
Renewables & Sustainability Deal of the Year
- The Acquisition of Genera by Ara Partners
- The Acquisition of Midwest Energy, Inc. by Retail Consulting Project Co. 3, LLC, a portfolio company of Gexa Energy, LP
- The Acquisition of Joule Processing by Plug Power Inc.
E&P (Upstream) Deal of the Year
- The Acquisition of Aera Energy LLC by IKAV Energy
- The Acquisition of Permian Basin Central Basin Platform Asset from Stronghold
- The Acquisition of Sundance’s Eagle Ford Assets by SilverBow
- The Acquisition of the New Mexico assets of Titus Oil & Gas Production, LLC by Earthstone Energy, Inc
- The Acquisition of the Assets of Midland Basin operator Bighorn Permian Resources, LLC by Earthstone Energy, Inc.
Technology & Business Services Deal of the Year
- A Divestiture of Business Segments by ION Geophysical Corporation
- The Acquisition of JTAM Engineering by a HNWI
- A Divestiture of PCS Software by The CapStreet Group
- The Acquisition of Wise Men Consultants, Inc. by RTS OpCo, Inc.
Consumer & Other Services Deal of the Year
- The Acquisition of Buffalo Bayou Brewing Company by BBBC Holdings, Inc.
- The Acquisition of Principle Health Systems by Platform Partners
- The Acquisition of Texan Bank by Home Bank
Industrial Services – Corporate Strategic Acquisition Deal of the Year
- The Acquisition of SI Solutions, LLC by C2C Technical Services, LLC, a portfolio company of Jumana Capital, LLC
- A Divestiture of Allied Reliability by The CapStreet Group
- The Acquisition of C&D Scrap Metal by Merchants Metal Recycling LL CD LLC, a portfolio company of Company of Merchants
Industrial Services – Private Equity Acquisition Deal of the Year
- The Acquisition of SPL by Sentinel Capital Partners
- The Recapitalization of Thorpe Specialty Services by KLH Capital
- A Divestiture of OnPoint Industrial Services by The CapStreet Group
- The Acquisition of Hunter Leasing, a portfolio company of Crossplane Capital
Transportation & Logistics Deal of the Year
- A Divestiture of Logistics Assets by CIG Logistics
- The Acquisition of E Squared Marine Services by CTC Wildcat, LLC, a subsidiary of Campbell Transportation Company, Inc.
- The Acquisition of Firebird Bulk Carriers & Phoenix Oil by Adams Resources & Energy
- The Acquisition of Shares Owned by KSA Industries Inc. by Adams Resources & Energy
ACG Houston is the region’s premier association focused on middle market corporate growth. Our goal is to help business professionals in the M&A community do more business with the right partners. ACG Houston hosts a variety of events throughout the year to provide our local business leaders an opportunity to gain visibility and connect with people and ideas to strategically grow companies. To learn more or become a member visit www.acg.org/houston.